Here’s some tips for how to create an interesting and individual dating profile on a dating site:
– Avoid starting with a negative. Your dating profile should be about the positives that you have to offer as this is your chance to shine and to sell yourself. Mentioning bad dates or how no one wants you or that you’ve been hurt in the past is going to send people straight on to the next profile. Keep it positive! Make them want to get to know more about you.
– Stay away from the following words in your profile: “loyal”, “trustworthy”, “caring” and “honest”! Yes, the majority of us have these characteristics and it’s just a given that you are looking to find someone with these qualities. I have read these words too many times in profiles and I don’t think you are giving an honest description of who you really are. At no point would you meet a perfect stranger and introduce yourself by saying “Hi I’m a trustworthy, honest and loyal person”, so why include this in your profile as it doesn’t give the reader any real information about who you are?!
– Tell members something different so you stand out from the crowd- you don’t want to write the same profile as everyone else, so be descriptive. You are unique and your profile should be too. If you have a hobby, interest or something you enjoy, include this in your profile. It’s a great conversation starter. If you love to travel, include your favourite places you’ve been too. If you enjoy music, mention a band or artist you have been to see recently or would like to see. This way you are letting members know some common-ground that you may share.
– Keep the profile short: it doesn’t need to be a novel! This should be a snippet of who you are so they want to find out more from you. Don’t tell your entire life story in your profile, or there’s no reason for them to contact you. Shorten your profile to a simple, chunky paragraph with enough information to spark their curiosity.
– Spelling is key – most sites don’t come with a built-in spell or grammar check so write your profile in a Word document first and then copy and paste this over. You wouldn’t send a CV to a potential employer with spelling mistakes so why upload a profile for a potential partner riddled with them! Something as simple as spelling could result in someone moving on to the next profile.
– Don’t lie about anything in your profile, as the truth always comes out at some point and no matter how small the lie may be, it could affect a future relationship. There is someone out there who is perfect for you, just the way you are.
– Remember you can edit and update your profile as often as you want, so keep it fresh and up to date with what’s going on in your life. If you’re not too sure what to write about yourself, ask friends or family how they would describe you. Above all- have fun writing your profile. If you enjoy writing it then someone will enjoy reading it!
© 2011, uksexydating.com. All rights reserved. On republishing this post you must provide a link to the original post.